1. Neighborhood: East Nashville at Five Points
Margot Cafe & Bar opened in June of 2001 by Chef Margot McCormack. It offers rustic French and Italian cuisine with an emphasis on the regions of Provence and Tuscany.
"Margot's philosophy on food and cooking is rooted in the cultures of southern France and Italy. It is based on seasonality and the very best ingredients. Margot is not looking to reinvent food but to reintroduce it in a personal and uncomplicated way"
-Voted Best New Restaurant 2001 by Nashville Scene
-Voted Best Restaurant, Best Chef and Best Brunch by Best of Nashville 2005-2009
(information from website: www.margotcafe.com)
Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00 - 10:00 pm (bar opens at 5pm)
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 2pm
-dish to share: $3-12 (cheese plate, bread, chips, etc.)
-first course: $6-12
-second course: $16-26
5. Parking: Parking was ok. They do have a TINY lot in front of the restaurant and free street parking on Woodland and Clearview. But if you are going on a weekend you may have to pay $3 for parking in a lot.
6. Atmosphere: Atmosphere is perfect for a neighborhood gem. It is upscale but eclectic with individual vintage bread plates and everything. There were multiple dining areas. Including a small room upstairs.
7. Service: The service was fine. You could tell they were well trained. But nothing really noteworthy.
8. Menu: The food was really well prepared. Chef is classically trained, updating her menu daily according to in-season, local ingredients. The food was the best part of the restaurant experience.
Sorry, the lighting was almost impossible for picture taking. Especially with my phone.
Housemade Potato Chips with Aioli
Fish Chowder with Bacon and Croutons
Sopressata with Olive Relish, Arugula and Parmesan
We also tried:
-Pan Roasted Skate - potato cakes, spinach and caper brown butter
-Grilled Hanger Steak - Roasted Cauliflower and potatoes with Gorgonzola
-Bread crumb gnocchi with mushrooms walnuts and cream
*Well best part was our dinner guests :) Two of our team members from our Christmas Africa trip treated us to this amazing meal!
9. Ranking: 8 - We loved the food, loved our company and the atmosphere was great for a nice date night. It is not somewhere that I would go eat at often but it was worth our visit!
Thank you Gail and Randy for a wonderful meal and for helping us cross another restaurant off our list.
We love you guys!
And we topped the night off at Jeni's Ice Cream....mmm
Post a Comment