I was cold and my back hurt.
I really wanted one of those microwaveable heating pads.
So I decided to make one.
All you need is some soft, durable fabric
and some beans, lentils, rice, etc.
1. Cut the fabric into two rectangles measuring: 6in x 18in
2. Pin the fabric right sides facing each other and sew the rectangles together, leaving a small opening to fill with beans.
3. Flip inside out so the good side is showing.
4. Fill with beans. I used a 2 lb bag.
5. I wanted it to have a good smell so I took some lavender from a candle I had and added it to the bag. (Just 2 pinches)
You could also add cloves, rosemary, rose petals, etc.
6. Sew the opening closed.
7. You could stop here but then the beans would shift from one side to another.
8. So I sectioned the beans into four equal parts and sewed a divider.
9. I then added straps so I could tie it to my leg, neck, back or anything to keep it in place.
10. Microwave for 3 minutes and you will have a nice heating pad that will last about 30 minutes.